Sunday, April 21, 2013

Every Piece Has a Story


I can't talk about my students. I can't tell you their individual stories on how an artwork is created. I can't tell you any information regarding any specific individual. But I wish I could. Here are samples of artwork that hopefully, (through struggles such as anger, stress, or meds that make you sleepy in the morning) with care and guidance, the artwork will speak for itself. 
The beauty of working at Variety is the student to teacher/SPTA ratio. I can learn each of the students in more detail and work specifically one on one. So, each one of these beautiful artworks have a story of its own and only I know it. That's kinda awesome though...




Working with a student who has Autism. Tempera paint with a paint pen drawing on top. 
Marker drawing. We are coming back to this one every other day and continue to build on it.

Working with stamps and markers. We discussed the word print and repetition.

Landscape painting, tempera and imagination. 

A colorful bumblebee and flowers made from construction paper. We did the bumble bee with painted stripes the first day and the flowers the second day.

I drew a picture of a student in crayon while I asked him to draw me at the same time. So this is me... I really like it!!


No comments: